Re: RE: got rescued on Saturday

From: JMILUM.US.ORACLE.COM (JMILUM@us.oracle.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Tue Jun 10 1997 - 13:59:09 PDT

Date: 10 Jun 97 13:59:09 -0700
From: "JMILUM.US.ORACLE.COM" <JMILUM@us.oracle.com-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: RE: got rescued on Saturday

Content-Transfer-Encoding:7bit Content-Type:text/plain; charset="us-ascii"

I agree with Barbara's rules exactly.

Twice my board and rig have seperated (broken push pin and mystery reason).
Both times I've dropped the rig, swam after the board, paddled back to the rig
without a hitch. The key is to not hesitate and immediately go after your
board. For those of you wearing life vests, you may have trouble, but even in
4.2ish conditions I was easily able to swim faster than my board. There isn't
enough surface area above water for the wind to catch to drive a board faster
than an able bodied windsurfer should be able to swim.

Thanks.

Jeff Milum
Regional Manager DMD New England
415-506-0575