Waterproofing a Cell Phone

From: Bill.Lide@ncal.kaiperm.org-DeleteThis
Date: Tue May 02 1995 - 15:04:44 PDT

Date: Tue, 02 May 1995 15:04 -0700 (PDT)
From: Bill.Lide@ncal.kaiperm.org-DeleteThis
Subject: Waterproofing a Cell Phone
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis

No, i haven't found one. But . . . I put mine in a zip-lock bag and found, to
my surprise, that sound transmission is excellent both directions. I guess
that's why we don't use thin plastic sheets for soundproofing.

I'm looking for the right bag from West Marine for watertightness, and plan to
put my phone in that and in a couple of ziplock bags. I'm still considering
getting a second, used phone and not activating service but just carrying it
with me sailing. I read in the newspaper that you can call 911 even without
activating the service.

Bill