Re: Waterproofing a Cell Phone

From: Bill.Lide@ncal.kaiperm.org-DeleteThis
Date: Wed May 03 1995 - 17:11:45 PDT

Date: Wed, 03 May 1995 17:11 -0700 (PDT)
From: Bill.Lide@ncal.kaiperm.org-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: Waterproofing a Cell Phone
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis

Luigi and others wrote:

>And I still haven't heard a definitive answer to the
question `does 911 work without subscription'. ---Luigi

An independent cell phone dealer told me, "It depends." He said he's made 911
calls on cell phones without activation, but it depends on the software that
the phone uses. And it is possible that it might not work every time.
Would that be a problem? ;-)

The cheapest rate plan for those windsurfers who don't have cell phones
would be $15 a month, but the phone would cost you about $200 to purchase
if you select that monthly rate plan.

The phone dealer said phones are pretty resistant to damage from impact but
not salt water. Even sitting on the beach can cause corrosion.

So how much would all these pouches cost vs. the cost of a radio and license
and bag?

Bill