Re: Airport expansion and Coyote

From: Eyes4Hire@aol.com-DeleteThis
Date: Thu Mar 18 1999 - 16:34:13 PST

From: Eyes4Hire@aol.com-DeleteThis
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 19:34:13 EST
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: Airport expansion and Coyote

> I ran into a member of the San Francisco Bay Convervation Commission
> last weekend, and I mentioned some of the issues we have about the
> Airport expansion. He *strongly* recommended we get on their mailing
> list and make our presence known at the first public hearing. He
> mentioned there is strong political pressure to proceed with the airport
> expansion regardless of the impact it has on the Bay.
>
> At the moment, I'm busy fighting my own political battle over the Nenlo
> Park noise ordinance. I'll be glad to help when I'm free, but in the
> meantime, is anybody monitoring the airport situation? Are we on all the
> appropriate mailing lists? Also, I'm sure my contact would be willing to
> give us advice.
>
> Any takers?
>
> Thanks,
> John Morris
> (650) 323-0739 (leave msg)

I have talked with Lyn Calerine who is the appropriate contact at SFO. Bill
Robberson, President of SFBA, will be forwarding a letter which will put us on
the list of concerned parties. Calderine has expressed an interest in
establishing early contact with the windsurfing community and he told me that
it is still early in the process at this time.

Peter