Re: Airport expansion and Coyote

From: John Morris (jmorris@cup.hp.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Thu Mar 18 1999 - 15:58:25 PST

Sender: jmorris@cup.hp.com-DeleteThis
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 15:58:25 -0800
From: John Morris <jmorris@cup.hp.com-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: Airport expansion and Coyote

I ran into a member of the San Francisco Bay Convervation Commission
last weekend, and I mentioned some of the issues we have about the
Airport expansion. He *strongly* recommended we get on their mailing
list and make our presence known at the first public hearing. He
mentioned there is strong political pressure to proceed with the airport
expansion regardless of the impact it has on the Bay.

At the moment, I'm busy fighting my own political battle over the Nenlo
Park noise ordinance. I'll be glad to help when I'm free, but in the
meantime, is anybody monitoring the airport situation? Are we on all the
appropriate mailing lists? Also, I'm sure my contact would be willing to
give us advice.

Any takers?

Thanks,
   John Morris