Re: Removeable Gorge Rack

From: George Linke (golink@sirius.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Sat Mar 06 1999 - 22:55:59 PST

Date: Sat, 06 Mar 1999 22:55:59 -0800
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
From: George Linke <golink@sirius.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: Re: Removeable Gorge Rack

Just a comment: When I go on long trips with a Gorge rack and heavy load. I
use 2 in wide nylon straps attached to the the rack and pass the straps
through the interior of the car via door or window opening. I am more
concerned about the car to rack connection failure. I just dont ever want
to have a rack come loose at 70 miles an hour and have it fly at the car
behind. At this point the loss of the equipment is totally immaterial. I
have seen a regular rack fly off a car. When you read the rack instructions
they dont really give you that much load capacity as I like to use. I have
mounted 3 bikes and 3 boards with this arrangement.