RE: Golf ball damage at 3rd Ave

From: Bob Prevett (prevett@nvidia.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Wed Jul 22 1998 - 15:24:12 PDT

From: "Bob Prevett" <prevett@nvidia.com-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Cc: prevett@nvidia.com-DeleteThis
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 15:24:12 -0700
Subject: RE: Golf ball damage at 3rd Ave

> I should add that he was interested in where I was parked
> (and presumably wouldn't cover it if I was illegally parked).
> He felt the city shouldn't be allowing parking along the side
> of the range (the car park was built after the driving range went
> in apparently) and he said at some stage the side was
> sign posted no parking but "somebody" had removed the signs and the city
> wasn't enforcing it. He also said he was keeping a log of these occurrences
> and would be approaching the city again to resolve this (by closing off some
> parking...?).

Mr. Aliaga's position on this issue is not logical. He maintains that the car parking
area was built after the driving range went in, and that this makes it OK for golf
balls to go over the side fence. Well, guess what? The paved road that goes along
the driving range side fence is intended by the City to become the main entrance road
to the 3rd Ave parking area. If golf balls are hitting parked cars along that side of
the driving range, they will also be hitting cars driving on that new entrance road.
How could the City permit golf balls to be landing on that public access road?

The driving range people need to increase the height of their fence. Period. If they
don't, golf balls will continue a hazard in the main parking lot, the parking along
the side of the driving range, and on the new access road.

BobP