RE: Golf ball damage at 3rd Ave

From: Nick Rayner (Nick_Rayner@Trimble.COM-DeleteThis)
Date: Wed Jul 22 1998 - 15:02:07 PDT

From: Nick Rayner <Nick_Rayner@Trimble.COM-DeleteThis>
To: "'matt@cup.hp.com-DeleteThis'" <matt@cup.hp.com-DeleteThis>
Cc: "'wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis'" <wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: RE: Golf ball damage at 3rd Ave
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 15:02:07 -0700

> My new car appears to have sustained some golf ball damage while parked
> at the new launch site at 3rd Ave. I recall some discussion on
> wind_talk regarding what to do in case of damage. Does anyone have the
> name or phone number of the driving range? Or additional info on what
> to do?

Must have been the day for it - I lost a rear side window to a golf ball
yesterday while parked at 3rd (along the side of the range). I drove round
to the range and talked to the manager there - Chris Aliaga (650 5737888).
He was very helpful and said they would cover the cost. I got a quote this
morning and should have the window replaced later in the week.

I should add that he was interested in where I was parked (and presumably
wouldn't cover it if I was illegally parked). He felt the city shouldn't be
allowing parking along the side of the range (the car park was built after
the driving range went in apparently) and he said at some stage the side was
sign posted no parking but "somebody" had removed the signs and the city
wasn't enforcing it. He also said he was keeping a log of these occurrences
and would be approaching the city again to resolve this (by closing off some
parking...?).

All in all a bit of a pain, but made much less stressful by Chris's very
responsible attitude (and a great afternoons sailing!).

N.

Nick Rayner
mailto:nick_rayner@trimble.com-DeleteThis