Re: What sails to buy...

From: Tim Roberts (robertst@slip.net-DeleteThis)
Date: Fri Sep 19 1997 - 01:17:47 PDT

Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 01:17:47 -0700
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
From: Tim Roberts <robertst@slip.net-DeleteThis>
Subject: Re: What sails to buy...

a quick comment on the theory behind having sails from the same manfacturer
and the same model (for similar conditions of course):

You simply eliminate the number of changing variables when you change sails.
Sails from the same manufacturer and especially in the same cut, have
performance and behavior consistencies. You 'dial' into the way a sail
handles the more you sail it. So instead of learning the performance of 4
sails, you learn variations on one. And as the theory goes, this increases
your learning curve.

Tim.