Re: Beginner sailing in Bay Area

From: Karina O'Connor (karinaoc@earthlink.net-DeleteThis)
Date: Thu Sep 18 1997 - 10:35:09 PDT

Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 09:35:09 -0800
From: "Karina O'Connor" <karinaoc@earthlink.net-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: Beginner sailing in Bay Area

I wouldn't recommend setting yourself up for possible trouble somewhere like
Crissy where the tides are so strong. You might want to try Larkspur. I sailed
there a lot when I was still uphauling and working into my waterstart. Out past
the channel the water is quite shallow which makes it both somewhat flat and
great if you want to stop and rest or need some extra help setting up the water
start. Also, downwind just takes you back to where you started - which is a bit
of a relief if you have the tendency to stay out a bit too long (beyond the dead
tired stage). ;^)

there are also some good beginner/intermediate spots out at rio vista as well.

Karina