Re: Is Call of the Wind Down?

From: Booker C. Bense (bbense@networking.stanford.edu-DeleteThis)
Date: Thu May 01 1997 - 13:47:15 PDT

Date: Thu, 1 May 1997 13:47:15 -0700 (PDT)
From: "Booker C. Bense" <bbense@networking.stanford.edu-DeleteThis>
To: Multiple recipients of list <wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: Re: Is Call of the Wind Down?

On Thu, 1 May 1997, Edward W. Scott wrote:

> The third Genius pager I'm on just died (replaced battery with new one,
> still not powering up). I've been calling 1-800-Windcall for the last
> 1.5 hours and the line is busy. Is anyone else having trouble? Maybe
> I'm not the only one.

- I talked with Jim about this a few weeks back and he said that about
10% of the pagers are bad. ( This seems extrodinarily high to me).
Mine had some initial problems, but has been working just fine for
the last 2-3weeks. It runs through alot of batteries although that
seems to be improving as well.

> Anyone else having reliability problems with these pagers? I like the
> features, it's just that I'm on No. 3 looking at No. 4, and not sure if I
> want to put up with the hassle anymore or just give up and go back to the
> Advisor.

- I wouldn't go back, mostly because I get alot of email and this
pager can deal with it.

- Booker C. Bense : bbense@stanford.edu-DeleteThis