RE: Is Call of the Wind Down?

From: Ross, Barbara (rossb@wellsfargo.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Thu May 01 1997 - 12:24:00 PDT

From: "Ross, Barbara" <rossb@wellsfargo.com-DeleteThis>
To: listserv <listserv@jr.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>, Multiple recipients of list <wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: RE: Is Call of the Wind Down?
Date: Thu, 01 May 97 12:24:00 PDT

This does not look good to me. I have had nothing but trouble with my
Advisor since Jim put me on the format where you get all the California
sites. It's blank a high percentage of the time and beeps only to tell me
my name. When they do come in, the incoming messages over write my date,
time, and buzz settings. (My date and time mysteriously become that of the
latest page from So Cal so often that I gave up resetting them.) I can no
longer carry my pager around with me because it makes too much extraneous
noise. I use this pager for work, so it's a problem. Anyway, I've given up
and ordered the Genius. Should arrive today.

When I can't get through on the phone, I send Jim e-mail.

The third Genius pager I'm on just died (replaced battery with new one,
still not powering up). I've been calling 1-800-Windcall for the last
1.5 hours and the line is busy. Is anyone else having trouble? Maybe
I'm not the only one.

Anyone else having reliability problems with these pagers? I like the
features, it's just that I'm on No. 3 looking at No. 4, and not sure if I
want to put up with the hassle anymore or just give up and go back to the
Advisor.

 -Ed