Re: errant golf balls - resend

From: Jim Martin (jim@windcall.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Fri Apr 25 1997 - 08:44:25 PDT

Date: Fri, 25 Apr 1997 08:44:25 -0700
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
From: Jim Martin <jim@windcall.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: Re: errant golf balls - resend

As you know, we, Call of the Wind has our new sensor on their property.
Bill, the manager of the golf course is fully aware of the aggravation he
is causing to the sailors there. This is one of the main reasons he
justified putting a sensor for the sailors on his property. I know down
deep it was to show his gratitude for these stray golf balls.

My thoughts on this matter are to approach it in the way of human safety.
Meaning if anyone person gets hit on the head with one of these, or a
couple strolling with their 8 month old baby and the infant gets bonged,
there will be a major lawsuit I'm sure. I think that this type of approach
will get things rolling. Maybe even a phone call to the golf course saying
that some guy got hit in the head and was lucky that he had his windsurfing
helmet on. The golf course management would certainly be more concerned
with the possibility of a lawsuit do to a person being killed by one of
these stray balls.

Not being a golfer, I could not see how someone could hit a ball that far
and make it over that net. But with the wind at 25mph plus, would
certainly carry the ball that far. If they had a rule that no one could
tee off in that direction if the winds were at 20mph plus.

Hope this helps.

    Jim Martin
Pres/Call of the Wind
   P.O. Box 939