Thursday Tuba report - it was sweet

From: Zeev Gur (Zeev_Gur@peoplesoft.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Fri Apr 11 1997 - 09:33:21 PDT

From: "Zeev Gur"<Zeev_Gur@peoplesoft.com-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@jr.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 1997 09:33:21 -0700
Subject: Thursday Tuba report - it was sweet

Got to the water rather late, around 4 p.m. On the way up to the
real waves I saw 3 guys coming back. Hummm, should I keep going
up on the chance that the wind will die and force me into a long hike?
Well
I decided to go for it and kept pointing. (I can slog pretty well with
5.2/8'8").

Man was I rewarded. Such perfect clean wave faces with a perfect side-off
wind, and no other creatures around (at least that I could see). By about
6 pm
my body was getting a bit tired from all those killer bottom turns so I
decided to
sail back. With 3 super fast reaches I was back at the launch, where the
new
sandbar was creating some fun ego surf. I played for another hour or so.
When I
quit around 7 pm, the wind was starting to really crank. I cracked open an
icy cold
one, put on some dry clothes and contemplated the meaning of life.

"It seldom turns out the way it does in the song"