Wind Prediction Data

From: MilesLoyd@aol.com-DeleteThis
Date: Fri Apr 11 1997 - 09:47:26 PDT

Date: Fri, 11 Apr 1997 12:47:26 -0400 (EDT)
From: MilesLoyd@aol.com-DeleteThis
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Wind Prediction Data

Saturday, Apr. 5 I asked those who would fill out a form and e-mail it after
each sailing session to contact me. The purpose is to gather data that can
be used to validate wind prediction methods for windsurfing. Actually, this
could provide a bit of data beyond those from existing sources.

In addition, we could have a better idea of what conditions were like around
the Bay Area each yesterday.

The responses are rather discouraging. I got five, and two of those were
really advice. I did not expect an overwhelming response, but this really
will not give enough data to make it worthwhile. Thus, I am simply going
sailing for now.

During this time AOL e-mail was screwed up for awhile. I missed two of the
Wind Talk Digests. If you got your mail returned as undeliverable, that is
why. This is another reason for my backing off from this idea for now. A
more reliable service is needed as the basis for this sort of idea. However,
I do not think that would have changed the general results of this effort.

I do want to thank those of you who did respond.

During this I have written down my ideas about how to gather and compile this
sort of data. It is a bit long and detailed, so I will not post it. If you
are interested in a copy let me know.

MilesLoyd@AOL.com-DeleteThis