Re: Holding onto the board

From: Ken Poulton (poulton@zonker.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Wed Apr 09 1997 - 15:16:24 PDT

Date: Wed, 9 Apr 1997 15:16:24 -0700 (PDT)
From: Ken Poulton <poulton@zonker.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: Holding onto the board

If you break down, use your spare rope (you *do* carry spare rope, don't
you?) to tie yourself to the board, first thing. I use the rear
footstrap. Then you can dink with other safety gear without losing your
flotation and visibility aid. Harold *did* lose his board yesterday,
and could not catch it. Lucky the Coast Guard was already there.

Short of that, when I need to use two hands to dink my harness or
booties or soemthing, I just loop one arm through the uphaul.

"Round up the usual disclaimers." -- Bob Wier