RE: Strobe Purchase information

From: Brennen, Don P (dpbrenn) (dpbrenn@pbsrv04.isp.PacBell.COM-DeleteThis)
Date: Wed Apr 09 1997 - 13:50:00 PDT

Date: Wed, 9 Apr 1997 13:50:00 -0700
From: "Brennen, Don P (dpbrenn)" <dpbrenn@pbsrv04.isp.PacBell.COM-DeleteThis>
Subject: RE: Strobe Purchase information
To: wind_talk <wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>
Cc: "'Andrea Brennen'" <Andrea.Brennen@pactel.com-DeleteThis>

Yesterday was a huge day at Third! Out sailing I was rarely relaxed
enough to enjoy the experience, but I did. I worried too much about
equipment failure and injury. Everything was stressed to the max. I
dabbled in the channel and the anxiety increased. Sailed mostly upwind
of the driving range (the water smooths out next to shore) on my 3.7 Ezzy
and 8'6" ASD Heavy (165lbs).

SO glad to hear Harry and friends returned safely. Thanks guys for
looking out for one another! Michael, I second your motion on acquiring
safety equipment NOW. Just got off the phone w/ West Marine, painlessly
ordered the Firefly 2 and another storm whistle (donated mine to Ken
yesterday). Such an easy way to shop.

Looks like we're in for a good blow for the next couple of days. So
yeah, let's be prepared, be safe and have fun.

BTW, I'm looking for the most durable booms available. Gulftech or what?
 After breaking two sets of Chinooks (narrow grip) last year and
receiving the same back under warranty, I'm looking for something better.
Opinions anyone?

Don (aka Windguy)
 ---------