COTW accuracy in the Delta

From: steve shugart (steves@malik.rose.hp.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Fri May 03 1996 - 09:52:32 PDT

From: steve shugart <steves@malik.rose.hp.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: COTW accuracy in the Delta
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis (_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Fri, 3 May 96 9:52:32 PDT
Full-Name: steve shugart
Mailer: Elm [revision: 70.85]

I recently purchased a Call of the Wind Pager. Last nite the Sherman
readings were averaging 22-26, with peaks to 33. Using my old source the
the winds were 14-17, with peaks 23 or so. This morning I got up at 5, the
COTW was reading 17-29 avg 22, so having not sailed in 5 days, I made the
Dawn Patrol Dash, The wind lighten as I drove down, usual for the dawn
experience, when I arrived it was reading 14-23, avg 17-20. I could of sailed
a 6.0m/9.0 but didn't bring the beast.

When the old Windtalker was reading an average of 18 or above, it was usually
5.0 or sub conditions. With the COTW it is 6.0 conditions.

Does anyone else have any experience with COTW readings and the Delta? At what
point do you make the Trek?

Did anyone sail last nite 5/2 at Sherman, how was it?

Thanks, Steve

steves(at)malik.rose.hp.com

The (at) is because reflection 1 gives me a clear line when I type the at symbol