re :Bodega Bay camping

From: Schumacher, Rich (RSchumache@os.varian.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Fri May 03 1996 - 09:35:03 PDT

From: RSchumache@os.varian.com-DeleteThis (Schumacher, Rich)
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis ('wind_talk')
Date: Fri, 03 May 1996 09:35:03 -0700
Subject: re :Bodega Bay camping

>I am heading up to Bodega dunes to camp for the weekend. I have never been
up
>there. Is it worth bring my equipment (the predict is for fog)?

I think you can guarantee there will be wind if you leave your gear at home.
I've never sailed up there but it's a beautiful area and I hope to check it
out soon.

> Anybody know the number of a local shop I can call up that way?

Windwalker board sports 707-874-2331

>I tried the site Mike goodsey listed and got no reply
>(http://metro.net/~go/windwalk.html).

That site was up a week or two ago, that's the same URL I used to get there,
there was a nice description of all the spots, written by Mike Godsey.

I'd bring all my gear and then go out wherever I found other people sailing.
It sounds like there are several spots within Bodega Bay, and a little
further away there is Tomales bay and the famed Tubamancha. I've sailed
Limantour a few times but have never been able to beat all the way upwind to
Tuba, but I'll get there someday.

Rich S