Re: opinions on Forsyth 8'6"

From: Ken Poulton (poulton@zonker.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Fri Apr 19 1996 - 14:05:34 PDT

Date: Fri, 19 Apr 1996 14:05:34 -0700
From: Ken Poulton <poulton@zonker.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: opinions on Forsyth 8'6"

> The only thing that worries me about the forsyth is the vent. I'm not
> used to having a vent, and worry that one day I'll either sail with it
> open or leave it in my van on a hot day with it closed. Any comments?

I've seen other boards that delam'd being left in a hot car, too.
I keep mine on the roof in a reflective bag, so they stay cool and
I can leave the vent closed. I only open the vents for travel above
3000'.

Of course, I'm not on the habit of having to close a vent, so I've
sailed one board three times with the vent cracked. Each time I
set it out in the sun for a few days with the vent open and down;
I get about a teaspoon of water out and the board has not gained
weight.

If your boards live in your van, you probably need to find some way
to always open and close the vent before and after sailing.

"Close cover before striking."