Re: opinions on Forsyth 8'6"

From: steve shugart (steves@malik.rose.hp.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Fri Apr 19 1996 - 13:20:43 PDT

From: steve shugart <steves@malik.rose.hp.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: Re: opinions on Forsyth 8'6"
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 96 13:20:43 PDT
Full-Name: steve shugart
Mailer: Elm [revision: 70.85]

> The only thing that worries me about the forsyth is the vent. I'm not
> used to having a vent, and worry that one day I'll either sail with it
> open or leave it in my van on a hot day with it closed. Any comments?

A Long time ago (4years or so( I bought a Delta Speed) Chuck didn't tell
me much about the vent and I left it closed in my truck, in Sacramento
on a 90 degree plus day. That evening I went to my truck and looked at
my board bag. My board had expanded over an Inch in Thickness, needless
to say it was toast ! Luckily I got Chuck to build me a new one for $500.

Maybe the new boards are stronger, but cycling the board cannot be good for
it in any case.

The first thing I do when going sailing is install or tighten the vent and
loosen it when I get off the water.

Steve