Doug's Beach

From: Chris Grippo (cgrippo@willamette.edu-DeleteThis)
Date: Wed Apr 03 1996 - 21:52:46 PST

Date: Wed, 3 Apr 1996 21:52:46 -0800 (PST)
From: Chris Grippo <cgrippo@willamette.edu-DeleteThis>
Subject: Doug's Beach
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis

Well I fianlly couldn't take it anymore. Everyone having great sesh's in
SFB and the coast and me with a ton of work. I finally logged day one of
the 1996 season at Doug's on 3/29. It wasn't classic gorge conditions,
but that was ok I just wanted to sail. Started on 5.3 Sailworks
Revolution and 8'4' Rutger Wave (brand new board, it rips). Ended up
rigging 4.7 Saliworks quadro (sailed it RAF)(Sailor wt 180lbs). Wind was a
bit holey, but
not bad. Did some good jumps, but no major swell to ride. Still sailing
was good up to the point when I broke my Fiberspar boom (world cup
wave). Had to do some swimming for a bit, H2O was COLD. Finally, I
milked it back to shore. It was kind of a bummer, but still a good day.
I can't believe my boom snapped (although it was at the head and it was
the third Fiberspar that I have broke). The funny thing is that it was
only about 14 months old. No warrenty here, 12 month policy. Guess I
could have tem fix it for a price, but Heck I just assume buy a new one.
Any advice? Hey, it's great to hear what is going on in Bay Area. Happy
Sailing.