Re: Thursday Pillar Point Report

From: Alan Segervall (alans@lan.nsc.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Mon Jan 22 1996 - 06:46:59 PST

Date: Mon, 22 Jan 96 06:46:59 PST
From: alans@lan.nsc.com-DeleteThis (Alan Segervall)
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: Thursday Pillar Point Report

Steve,

I sailed Pillar pt. last Thursday 1:30 - 3:15. It was very solid
3.7m2 (180lbs/8.8) and raining like hell. Visability was about 100-200ft
at times. Unless you were wearing clear lens glasses you had to sail
with the windward eye closed ;) --fortunately I had mine.

I sailed the big blow last Dec and found the wind on Thursday to be
more steady and it was filled in down the harbor better making for
killer speed runs.

Had a great time in extreme conditions. I live in Half Moon Bay and
sail Pillar point often. Many times the strongest wind is also when
it's raining hard.

Alan