Re: Storage Solutions

From: Marina Peregrino (marina@ENG.Trimble.COM-DeleteThis)
Date: Fri Nov 11 1994 - 12:11:12 PST

From: Marina Peregrino <marina@ENG.Trimble.COM-DeleteThis>
Subject: Re: Storage Solutions
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 94 12:11:12 PST
Mailer: Elm [revision: 66.36.1.1]

I like my dad's set up. He has pulley systems set up for boats
and boards. Drive in, shut the garage door,
lower the board (or boat) on top of the car,
hoist the rack back up tie the board down, open the door and drive off.
When returning, same deal in reverse, we put the boom, sail, and gear
on top of the boards the mast along side.
It's a little more hassle if you put two boards on one pulley system.

Basically each end of 2 2X2s has a line up to a block
these lines are fed to one end of a 6:1.
After hoisting the working end (the 6 side of the 6:1)
is cleated and we hook the other (the 1 side) so we can use the
cleat for the next boat.
The line not only hoists the 2x2s it keeps the booms and gear
from sliding off the board.

The trick is leaving enough length for the 6:1 so that the board
has a range from floor to roof. and so the 2X2s can be pulled
out from the boats.

-- Marina Peregrino