Re: 3rd ave

From: Edward W. Scott (shred@netcom.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Wed Sep 14 1994 - 14:16:01 PDT

Date: Wed, 14 Sep 1994 14:16:01 -0700 (PDT)
From: "Edward W. Scott" <shred@netcom.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: Re: 3rd ave
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis

Besides water quality, the biggest issue for windsurfers is access. Has
the SFBA considered entering into a collaboration with the Surfriders
Foundation, which has a lot of experience in access and water quality
matters? As a lawyer, I'd be willing to volunteer some pro bono time,
assuming I had a decent place to start. Maybe some threatening letters to
the city would suffice. With the season winding down, I'd have some more
time on my hands.

Btw - the way I see it, from my limited recollection of coastal access issues
from law school, Foster City probably has an obligation to provide access,
but may not have an obligation to provide parking near the access.
There's probably case law on this issue, but I wouldn't be suprised if the
city has already done what it is legally obligated to.

To change the subject - anyone see any wind on the horizon? Hopefully, in
the next couple of days, that damn low pressure system will clear out of
here and we'll have some decent breezes. CotW reports at 1:11 pm, Crissy
at 11-21, avg. 18 at 247. No place else appears to be blowing.

-shrEd
Ed Scott
shred@netcom.com-DeleteThis