windsurf family at 3rd on Saturday

From: Jonathan Hahn (hahn@nas.nasa.gov-DeleteThis)
Date: Mon Aug 22 1994 - 12:33:30 PDT

Date: Mon, 22 Aug 1994 12:33:30 -0700
From: hahn@nas.nasa.gov-DeleteThis (Jonathan Hahn)
To: wind_talk@jr.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: windsurf family at 3rd on Saturday

At 3rd Saturday at around 6PM by the blue tanks was a large Airstream
(mobile home) and 2 bronco-like vehicles, each pulling very large
trailers jam packed with windsurfing gear. The trailers looked like
4-horse horse trailers from the outside. There appeared to be what
looked like a Mom, and Dad and a shapely windsurferette and I heard a
dog bark somewhere. Does anyone know what the story behind all this
is? It was the largest mobile assemblage of equipment that I have seen
so far.

BTW, the wind was great at 3rd. I didn't hit the water until 5:20 or
so and had to deal with the mud due to low tide. I would have
preferred to park at the new launch, but the lot was full. I found a
reasonable compromise was to launch at the old spot, sail to the new
one and move my car at the end of the day when I could park in the
lot.

Sunday at Coyote was great too. It was 4.5 in the channel
(unfortunately I had a 5.0 but survived), but very light inside. A lot
of people gave up and went home early (before 5PM) and missed the
strong wind outside.

-jon