Re: windsurf family at 3rd on Saturday

From: Ken Poulton (poulton@zonker.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Mon Aug 22 1994 - 13:59:07 PDT

Date: Mon, 22 Aug 1994 13:59:07 -0700
From: Ken Poulton <poulton@zonker.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re:  windsurf family at 3rd on Saturday

> At 3rd Saturday at around 6PM by the blue tanks was a large Airstream
> (mobile home) and 2 bronco-like vehicles, each pulling very large
> trailers jam packed with windsurfing gear. The trailers looked like
> 4-horse horse trailers from the outside. There appeared to be what
> looked like a Mom, and Dad and a shapely windsurferette and I heard a
> dog bark somewhere. Does anyone know what the story behind all this
> is? It was the largest mobile assemblage of equipment that I have seen
> so far.

Yes, I met them at a clinic two years ago. They have a younger boy, too.
They were looking into getting custom boards for the kids at the time!
As I recall, they lived in Merced or some place like that in the valley,
own some land near Rio where the Airstream usually sits, and travel
with the looong horse trailer - built for 8 horses, I think. They
were spending most summer weekends at Rio.

"A good newspaper is never good enough, but a lousy newspaper is a joy forever."
                                        -- Garrison Keillor