NO ACCESS at old 3ed launch

From: Michael Schuh (schuh@ra-iris.arc.nasa.gov-DeleteThis)
Date: Sat Jul 09 1994 - 09:17:02 PDT

Date: Sat, 9 Jul 94 09:17:02 -0700
From: schuh@ra-iris.arc.nasa.gov-DeleteThis (Michael Schuh)
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: NO ACCESS at old 3ed launch
Cc: schuh@ra-iris.arc.nasa.gov-DeleteThis, pauld@corp.sgi.com-DeleteThis (Paul Delzio)

I sailed 3ed on 7/8/94 and returned to my car parked at the old
launch site and found a parking violation notice on my car. In
short, the police have been instructed (I do not know by whom) to
put notices (not tickets) on all cars parked at the old 3ed launch
site. They are interpreting the two "No VEHICLES or Dumping at
any TIME, 602(M)CPC 374(b)CPC" signs as applying to the entire
parking area from the light to the end of the old construction
area. I talked with the police officers that put the notices on
the cars and asked them if there was any legal parking in the area.
They said that there was not and suggested we organize and attend
the Foster City Council meetings. Foster City residents count a
lot more than non locals like me according to the police. They
also suggested getting Vela (a Foster City Company) to attend the
meetings and lobby for changing the signs.

I do not know if their interpretation of the signs is correct, but
I do expect that I will get a ticket next time and the police said
that the (M) in the sign stood for misdemeanor and they were supposed
to arrest any one in violation of it.

I suspect that they were going to give tickets to those parked along
the fence at the new site. This fence is well marked as a no parking
area. It is clear, that we do not have enough parking at the 3ed ave
sites. This is only my third visit to 3ed ave this year but I am willing
to attend a meeting if it would help our access to the water.

I have only sent this message to wind_talk. Ken can you please send
it to any of your other lists that you feel are appropriate. Also,
please feel free to redistribute it to other lists. I will fax a
copy of the notice to anyone who wants a copy. Please send me your
FAX number via email and I will send it to you.

Schuh

PS: sailed a 4.8 on my 8'6" board from 4:00-5:30. Came in as the wind
    got lighter at 5:15. Had fun in the swells with two friends this time.
    One better than yesterday.

========
Michael J. Schuh, MS 227-6 | schuh@ra-iris.arc.nasa.gov-DeleteThis
NASA Ames Research Center | Phone: (415) 604-1460
Moffett Field, CA 94035-1000 | FAX: (415) 604-4357