Re: Re: Coyote / 3rd

From: Gr8Jibe@aol.com-DeleteThis
Date: Sat Jul 09 1994 - 09:27:40 PDT

From: Gr8Jibe@aol.com-DeleteThis
Sender: "Gr8Jibe" <Gr8Jibe@aol.com-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 94 12:27:40 EDT
Subject: Re: Re: Coyote / 3rd

Okay here's the answer to the question about whether there were gaps in the
wind a mile off shore on Thursday (due to northerly direction): NO. It was as
solid as Coyote gets, although I didn't need to go more than a mile out
because the wind was filled in to the "swimming" area. The only thing I felt
was unusual was that the swells were better formed and closer to shore than
usual.

Friday apparently had the same wind pattern as Thursday. On Friday I sailed
a 5.4 at 3rd from 6 to 745pm and was struggling to stay upwind--marginally
powered except in the channel, where 5.4 was adequate. Coyote had much better
wind it seems on Thursday and Friday.

It seems to me that the best plan may be to drive past 3rd to Coyote or
Sterling when the beeper sez it's windier at Coyote than it looks when
crossing the San Mateo Bridge. Any brighter ideas?

Bill