Safety Fin

From: Kirk Lindstrom (KirkLindstrom@ix.netcom.com-DeleteThis.com)
Date: Wed Sep 18 2002 - 12:38:58 PDT

Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 12:38:58 -0700
From: Kirk Lindstrom <KirkLindstrom@ix.netcom.com-DeleteThis.com>
To: wind_talk@opus.labs.agilent.com-DeleteThis.com
Subject: Safety Fin

I wonder if we could make a "safety fin" to carry in a pack or inside
our mast or strapped to the boom?
what if
get a 1 ft long by 1" round piece of plastic that you put a fin screw into?
Then if you bust a fin, you put this rod into the fin box and screw it
in from the top
It would not be a great fin, but it would be resistance
It would ALSO fit inside the water (camel back) bag I often carry...

It would be fun to try this "safety fin" out for a test....

Kirk (I get full rights if we patent this!) out

--
best regards
Kirk Lindstrom