RE: iWindsurf and what we're doing for you

From: George Haye (george@iwindsurf.com-DeleteThis.com)
Date: Wed Apr 04 2001 - 16:14:47 PDT

From: "George Haye" <george@iwindsurf.com-DeleteThis.com>
To: <wind_talk@opus.labs.agilent.com-DeleteThis.com>
Subject: RE: iWindsurf and what we're doing for you
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 16:14:47 -0700

Greg Harris wrote:
>>where do YOU think Ken's old "Coyote and Waddell" readings were coming
from?

Tracy Pierce wrote:
>Greg, thank you for rushing to George Haye's defense; you beat him to it
>(maybe he was out sailing?).
>I don't know, and I don't really know Ken, but I'd assume, based on other
>clues of his intelligence, that all his sources are legitimate; I'd
>certainly not off-the-wall suggest that he was stealing data from Call of
>the Wind.

Tracy, as always, good to hear from you-
I too was surprised by your tone, but I also understand what it means to be
passionate about something. You have been and continue to be an extremely
valuable customer of ours at iWindsurf. Your assistance and feedback over
the years -- including well before my time -- have been greatly appreciated.
So, thank you! Also, your hard work and energy on many fronts have greatly
benefited the SFBA, and I applaud you for those efforts as well.

Side Note: Windsurfing Magazine reported that Bill Robberson will resign as
SFBA President, but as of our last Board meeting, this has not occurred yet.
Bill continues to be active on the Crissy front, but he does need to avoid
working with the SFBA on SFO issues because of his position with the EPA.

As a point of clarification, with our permission iWindsurf readings were
available on Ken's excellent webpage until recently. Users of Ken's page may
remember our sensors (peninsula, coast, and beyond) demarcated with an "iW"
to denote that they were iWindsurf sensors. Ken has also been of invaluable
assistance to iWindsurf over the years, and has been very understanding of
our need to charge for wind data now. Moreover, Ken's contributions to the
Bay Area windsurfing scene are legendary, including his own Windspeed Report
and this esteemed wind_talk list.

My Board Duties - As an iWindsurf employee and an SFBA Board Member, I have
willingly removed myself from voting on matters regarding SFBA Windtalkers.
I feel this is clearly appropriate. However, iWindsurf does support clubs
and associations nationwide and there will be many opportunities to work
together on wind sensors and other matters.

My Windsurfing Duties - We at iWindsurf have been working 13 hour days; I
would have responded to you sooner, Tracy, but had many things to do first.
I have logged one day of sailing since October, but what a killer day that
was!

George Haye
Web Content Developer
iWindsurf.com