Third Avenue Parking EMERGENCY

From: George Haye (geohaye@hotmail.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Mon Sep 27 1999 - 19:47:31 PDT

From: "George Haye" <geohaye@hotmail.com-DeleteThis>
To: geohaye@hotmail.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Third Avenue Parking EMERGENCY
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 19:47:31 PDT

All-
As of Monday September 27, something has happened to the dirt road that we
were able to use to drive into Third Avenue. Either they are fixing
it/paving it, or we are screwed. It is blocked off at both ends, there is no
way to get into Third Avenue except at the light up by the golf course.

If anyone knows about this, please enlighten us. I'd love to be wrong, but
it looks like we're in serious trouble - have they finally closed off the
road (CalTrans land)? Is there a way to get it back?

Several people (Peter U., Greg H., Shawn S.) have wondered about making the
parking at Third Ave larger -- but it looks like we may have just lost a
bunch of spots.

I just found out that I got 15 e-mails today about Coyote Point, Seal Point,
SFO... and I got a bunch of projects to work on, so I'm not going to be able
to call about this problem. I wish I could.

DON'T EXPECT ANYONE ELSE TO DO IT, IF YOU SAIL AT THIRD AVE, GO FOR IT --
MAKE SOME CALLS TO CHECK OUT WHAT'S GOING ON HERE. Send an e-mail to
wind_talk if you find anything out. If you're not on wind_talk, send me an
e-mail and I'll let you know how to join.

Randy Anderson (Randyboz@aol.com-DeleteThis) said that Foster City would be eliminating
our use of this road, and he pleaded for help on wind_talk for people to
help him do some footwork. He's busy as heck but he knows a bit about the
situation. Hopefully If it's not too late, *** someone please step forward
***. A group of windsurfers almost met to attack this problem, but it didn't
happen yet. Evidently the road is CalTrans land. There could be ways to keep
it open - but not if no one looks into this!

Phone Numbers, etc.:
Randy Anderson - if you're serious about working on this problem, send me an
e-mail, and I'll give you Randy's work #. He's on the SFBA Board of
Directors and quite knowledgeable and could guide someone, but he has almost
no time right now to work on this stuff.

Foster City Public Works Engineering - (650) 286-3270
* Try them first for info, but these other two numbers could possibly be
used for appeals to keep the parking/road open for public use:
Foster City Parks and Rec Department - (650) 286-3380
Foster City Mayor and City Council - (650) 286-3219

BCDC - Bay Conservation and Development Commission --- They may be able to
offer info, advice, insight. Phone: 415.557.3686
BCDC's Website: http://ceres.ca.gov/bcdc/

If I'm wrong and the news is good, Thank God.
If I'm wrong and the news is neutral, someone still has to attack this
problem now, otherwise we could lose a good chunk of Third Avenue parking
forever.

-George Haye
SFBA SFO Page:
http://www.sfba.org/sfo.htm