your help needed

From: Konstantinos Psounis (kpsounis@leland.Stanford.EDU-DeleteThis)
Date: Sun Sep 26 1999 - 18:13:36 PDT

Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1999 18:13:36 -0700
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
From: "Konstantinos Psounis" <kpsounis@leland.Stanford.EDU-DeleteThis> (by way of Bob Indig <webmaster@sfba.org-DeleteThis>)
Subject: your help needed
Cc: kpsounis@leland.Stanford.EDU-DeleteThis

Please reply directly to Konstantinos.

Thanks,

Bob
SFBA Webmaster

Dear fellow windsurfers,
My name is Konstantinos Psounis and I moved to the bay area autumn 97 to do
my graduate studies at Stanford. Until the end of the previous year I had no
time to windsurf. This year I hoped that I would have time and thus I
brought with me from Greece my windsurf board (Hifly Sean Ordonez 254).
Unfortunately the board was completely destroyed during transportation
(Klm/Northwest airlines) probably because it was runover and crushed
(according to the ASD guys). The price of the board was $1299 (windsurfing
magazine march 98). I reported the damage to the airlines, and request for a
refund, but they said that they accept no liability for sporting equipment.
I find illegal and insane for an airline company not to pay for the total
damage in ones property, especially when the damage was caused by totally
inappropriate handling. However, I have no knowledge of how the system works
in US and I am afraid that I can't do much. Since you are the windsurfing
organization of the bay area, your members may have had the same bad
experience with me in the past and thus you may know ways to battle the
unacceptable behavior of the airline companies in such a case.
Your help will be very much appreciated, since now that I brought my board
left with no board at all and it is entirely the fault of the airline
company.
Thank you very much,
Konstantinos Psounis
EE Ph.D. Student, Stanford