RE: Marina Bay Launch Reply

From: Booker Bense (bbense@networking.stanford.edu-DeleteThis)
Date: Wed Jul 28 1999 - 13:21:44 PDT

Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 13:21:44 -0700 (PDT)
From: Booker Bense <bbense@networking.stanford.edu-DeleteThis>
To: Multiple recipients of list <wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: RE: Marina Bay Launch Reply

On Wed, 28 Jul 1999, Jeff Milum wrote:

> I heard the parking at Pt. Isabell is "sketchy" and there are a lot of
> "shady characters" around.

- Huh? True there was a problem a couple years back with tickets and
a poorly marked bus stop. That's been fixed.

> Any truth to this?

- Not in my experience. When it's windy there's lots of people around.
It's in a industrial area so there aren't alot of people "hanging"
out. There are alot of other people using the park besides
windsurfers, but I've never had a problem parking there. It's not
a real attractive spot, so if you don't have a windsurfer or a
dog there isn't much reason to be there.

> How does it compare to Candlestick that can be accused of the same?

- Dunno, I never sail at Candlestick. I think parking is alot more
straightforward.

- Booker