Weather Cycles and attachments

From: Kirk Lindstrom (kirk_69@ix.netcom.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Wed Jul 28 1999 - 12:14:42 PDT

Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 12:14:42 -0700
From: Kirk Lindstrom <kirk_69@ix.netcom.com-DeleteThis>
To: Multiple recipients of list <wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: Weather Cycles and attachments

First. Thanks for the weather update Mike. I really enjoy your forecasts in
the Call of the Wind Package and check it most days to see if I can learn
something even if I don't plan to sail. It is a nice feature of our paid
website access.

Second. BIG boards...Good thing they are getting easier to ride! I've been
sailing my 9'6" too often the past 2 yrs....I remember buying it just so I could
extend my season.... Now I am having Bob Miller build a wider one so I can sail
with the little guys on their wide boards...

Third. Sun Spots. I heard the cycle was 11 or 22 yrs or some such. Anyone
have more info on this? Sun Spots are supposed to be responsible for our longer
term weather patterns as it is the energy absorbed from the sun that creates our
weather..

Lastly... Whomever is sending attachments.... I NEVER open these from open email
lists like this. This form of Safe-Surfing keeps me from getting a virus. I
suggest you convert it to text or put it on a webpage so we can view it. Several
attachments lately have gone straight to my trash can file.

--
best regards
Kirk Lindstrom