SFO Expansion Contacts and Next Step

From: Eyes4Hire@aol.com-DeleteThis
Date: Mon Jun 28 1999 - 11:40:11 PDT

From: Eyes4Hire@aol.com-DeleteThis
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 14:40:11 EDT
Subject: SFO Expansion Contacts and Next Step
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis, atomic1@worldnet.att.net-DeleteThis, harris@synopsys.com-DeleteThis, bob@quake.net-DeleteThis, geohaye@hotmail.com-DeleteThis, Randyboz@aol.com-DeleteThis, karinaoc@earthlink.net-DeleteThis, Robberson.Bill@epamail.epa.gov-DeleteThis, OConnor.Karina@epamail.epa.gov-DeleteThis, harris4life@yahoo.com-DeleteThis, CoyoteSurf@aol.com-DeleteThis, bdow@cisco.com-DeleteThis, TFeldstein@grmslaw.com-DeleteThis, mtischler@mail.arc.nasa.gov-DeleteThis, lbauman@fostercity.org-DeleteThis, jrunge@netcom.com-DeleteThis, jmcgrath@portoakland.com-DeleteThis, carlyle@savesfbay.org-DeleteThis, cems1@earthlink.net-DeleteThis

At the 6/24 Airport informational meeting in Marin, I met the point people
for the Marinas:

Coyote Point: Joe Pennese, Rear Commodore, Coyote Point Yacht Club (415)
375-8666, EECo_Joe@ix.netcom.com-DeleteThis

Oyster Point: Erich Schoenwisner, (510) 670-0666

We should keep in touch with these guys in order to have a united front
presented by recreational users. As recreational we should in turn work
closely with enviromental allies like Save The Bay. It is much harder for
people to write off diverse interests banded together than individual
interests.

The manager of the environmental element for SFO is Lyn Calerdine. He told me
they would like to meet with windsurfers and find out what the issues are. We
should really get the issues submitted to them in writing in the near future.
Basic issues as I see them are:

1) Loss of sailing in area filled

2) Loss of access to the channel

3) Impacts on chop and tidal flow as it related to windsurfing

4) Impacts on tidal flow as they may relate to silting and loss of depth

5) Impacts on the quality of the water we saili in and sometimes ingest