Re: Sherman!!

From: Jonathan Hahn (hahn@unetix.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Mon May 24 1999 - 15:28:40 PDT

Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 15:28:40 -0700 (PDT)
From: Jonathan Hahn <hahn@unetix.com-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: Sherman!!

I was out Sunday from around 3 - 6:30PM. I was pretty well powered
on my 3.5 m2, 8'6" Sea Trend ATV (I'm 175 lbs), but the speed
coupled with steep chop really scared me and I spent half the day
fighting the conditions. I think if I'd had a few decent days
under my belt this season it wouldn't have been a problem at all.
I don't think I'd done a starboard ramp for 3 years until yesterday.
Later in the afternoon I did much better: either the chop settled
down or I'm getting my sea legs back.

I rigged up to a 4.0 for a while and was overpowered. It was gusty.
The pager read between 21 and 26 or so gusting in the low 30s, but
I think it was more than that. I was at The Sign, but I think I'll
return to powerlines next time. More people on the water later
there.

-jon