Windsurfing on the News

From: Kirk Lindstrom (kirk_69@ix.netcom.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Fri May 14 1999 - 08:06:54 PDT

Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 08:06:54 -0700
From: Kirk Lindstrom <kirk_69@ix.netcom.com-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Windsurfing on the News

> BTW: Tomales was crankin yesterday 4.0! This season is like the good ole
> days!

Indeed! I've been on my 5.5 (225#)
5 of the last 8 days. one day on 5.1 and another on 6.5 (one day of rest)
Boards have been 8'10" Mutant and 8'10" Enduro when the wind really cranks

Amazing how the 5.5 NOA on the Enduro could handle the MONSTOR gusts

I had a Nice Chat with Greg Lyon on KRON-TV 4 Weather after he shot Thomas for
the 5PM news which he did live. I made sure I was sailing in when was talking
with his back to the sailing area at Coyote.

He did the piece about the buildings and how it would effect windsurfing and I
told him we appreciated it and he gave me his email address so we can send news
on the battle to him at Lyon@kron.com-DeleteThis
When I went out, I made sure the gusts knocked me off my board twice and I sank
in a few times just to show how difficult it already is to get out at Coyote on
a sinker.

> again, ASD.
> loco boys do good.
> kasplash@crl.com-DeleteThis

Indeed. My van has 3 ASD board in it to sail and I have two to sell

9' RKT (Slalom - $675)
8'8" RKT (slalom older design - $550)

Funny, three people want to buy the 9' but want to demo it first and every time
we meet, it is TOO WINDY!
Wouldn't you know it that I have a reason for wanting a light day!
oh well.... I'd sacrafice the board to stay on my small gear for the year!

--
best regards
Kirk Lindstrom