Thursday at the coast

From: Alain Dumesny (adumesny@usa.net-DeleteThis)
Date: Fri Mar 05 1999 - 07:54:40 PST

Date: Fri, 05 Mar 1999 07:54:40 -0800
From: Alain Dumesny <adumesny@usa.net-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk <wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>, Harald Batista <harald_batista@vantive.com-DeleteThis>, David Roberson <dcrobins@us.ibm.com-DeleteThis>, Paul Delzio <pdelzio@real.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: Thursday at the coast

Thanks Pierre for the prediction ! The wind was definitely there...

I missed wednesday at the coast - Matt Haut told me that it was truly an epic
day on 4.4 with really smooth mast high waves. At least 6 bottom turns from
the upper break to the middle of the channel. Completly laying down the sail
as he carved. Whoa ! monday was also spectacular I was told.

I got there around 1pm only to find the parking lot mostly full ! what ???
weekday in the beginning of march ??? what's going on ??? the waves were
pretty small with some head sets - which was fine since it had been 4 months
since I got wet. Strong (and somewhat gusty) winds - fell really cold hands in
the beginning, but then the action got good so I didn't feel cold anymore...
Rigged a very loose 4.7 (180#) and was very powered most of the time. By about
3pm the waves started picking up and we were getting some nice logo+ sets.
really nice !

quit after 2.5 hours (suprised I lasted that long for a the first day of the
season - I guess those rowing machine workouts to stay in shape during the off
season paided off). When I left at 4, the wind was more like 5.3+ and really
flat.

great (but somewhat cold) day... looks like the season has started...

Alain Dumesny                               |\
3D Graphic Programmer, VRML, OpenInventor   | \
adumesny@usa.net-DeleteThis                            |  o   ---
Ph: 650-961-2935                            |-=|>  ----
        ..shredding in San Francisco...  -=========-