Re: Rain and rainbows on blue Monday

From: Eyes4Hire@aol.com-DeleteThis
Date: Tue Dec 01 1998 - 15:33:11 PST

From: Eyes4Hire@aol.com-DeleteThis
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 1998 18:33:11 EST
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: Rain and rainbows on blue Monday

Zeev wrote:

> I got to Alameda at 1pm and saw two guys on the water
> on 4.5/5.0 size gear. They were planing pretty good.
> The tide was VERY low - you had to walk out almost to
> the wooden structure before it got deep enough - a pretty
> long walk, good thing it was not mud, just sand.

I got to Alameda at 6:40 am and rigged up 4.5 and rode the new Saxo 264. I was
solo out there but had my flares, radio, strobe, toenail clipper and the like
with me. The wind started out very easterly and pretty close to full
sideshore. It was awesome for about an hour and pretty steady. There were good
ramps outside and the air/water temps weren't bad all. Then it started to get
holey and I rerigged to 5.2. I got another 40 minutes of nice sailing before
it started to rain hard and the wind got weak. After a short period of lull,
the wind kicked back in pretty hard, but it was blowing southerly and straight
onshore. I packed it up as another guy headed out. I didn't watch him for too
long but I think he was under-rigged and didn't get very far in the face of
the onshore wind.

Peter