"Tide Log" is a very accurate information source for tides

From: Robert MacKimmie (rm@objectdata.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Thu Sep 24 1998 - 13:38:53 PDT

From: Robert MacKimmie <rm@objectdata.com-DeleteThis>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 98 13:38:53 -0700
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: "Tide Log" is a very accurate information source for tides

There is a small book called the "Tide Log", available at Frank's Fisherman
and probably many other maritime stores. It has very accurate information
regarding the tides for each day of the year and is much more meaningful than
those little Hi/Low tide table books.

There is a fairly accurate chart, which indicates the levels of hi/low as
well as Max tides (usually the fastest tide is and hour before reaching the
highest level) and the same for the low tides and slack tides.

Different areas in the bay are detailed in the back with an hour by hour
change. SF Bay is truly a complex organism, so it is really helpful to figure
out the areas where you hang.

I row, so this Tide Log guide has always been invaluable to me. I'm not sure
if the majority of folk on this list know about it or use it. Well worth the
$13 for a year of accurate and interesting information.

Cheers.

robert@objectdata.com-DeleteThis