RE: Davis Pt. aka Lone Tree Regional Park Saturday

From: Martyn, Rick (RZM1@pge.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Mon Aug 10 1998 - 08:03:25 PDT

From: "Martyn, Rick" <RZM1@pge.com-DeleteThis>
To: "'wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis'" <wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: RE: Davis Pt. aka Lone Tree Regional Park Saturday
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 08:03:25 -0700

Later that same day...

I showed up as the first group was starting to come out of the water
(4:30?). Went out and had a great time on 6.0 Prisma (9 ft. board, 165
lbs.). After about an hour I was joined by another sailor on small bump
equipment (Fred from Marin, 4.7 Northwave, 8 ft 6in board, 180lbs??). He
had a long slog before he was planing, but out by the channel markers we
were both having a blast. After another hour or so we started to head back
in. It was definitely going down. I started slogging about a quarter mile
out from the launch, but Fred was slogging from much further out.

To make a long story short, he was unable to waterstart about a half mile
from shore, I eventually paddled out (with fins) and helped him get his
stuff back to shore.

Good sailing spot, but be careful with the sinkers!

Rick Martyn
Green over White '68 Plymouth

         ...snip....