Reply to Luigi

From: David R. Fielder (dfielder@cooper.cpmc.org-DeleteThis)
Date: Mon Jan 26 1998 - 08:52:30 PST

Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 08:52:30 -0800
To: wind_talk@jr.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
From: dfielder@cooper.cpmc.org-DeleteThis (David R. Fielder)
Subject: Reply to Luigi

My vote is just a bit too picky. My experience with email communications
is that it is much more difficult to convey intentions compared to actual
conversation. Thus, becomes easier to assume the worst. Also, it is a
slow process, with inherent delays due to computer access, how servers
delay sending and receiving messages (mysterious at times, at least to me),
and peoples' schedules. I would urge a bit of slack and/or a telephone
call in person before assuming a rip-off was in progress. However, I do
agree very much with your position re your publication. There should be a
payment for publication on their website, as it is a form of their
advertising.