Re: getting my ass kicked at Ft. point

From: tmurguz@amre.com-DeleteThis
Date: Mon Oct 06 1997 - 13:08:21 PDT

From: tmurguz@amre.com-DeleteThis
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 1997 12:08:21 -0800
Subject: Re: getting my ass kicked at Ft. point

Ft. Point has a crew of "heavy locals" (read morons) who are
really defensive over what is a pretty sorry wave. Localism
has been a part of surfing forever. I could bore you
with localism stories about La Jolla, PV, Hollywood by the Sea, Rincon
The Ranch, Cambria, and Santa Cruz, but localism will
not go away except at places like OB, where the ocean
and surfing ability determine who gets waves.

A guy on a surfboard cannot get waves if there are wavesailors in the
water. I've been on the other side of the fence at K-39, where the
windsurfers can be a nuisance, and even though it's side-off and still
quality surf, you won't get a wave until the evening glass off.

No solutions offered.

I really have to go. Now.

So to all the folks on windtalk who surf - what is up with
this stupid gang mentality, and 'this is my wave' way
of thinking? I don't get it, but hey, I am just a stupid
windsurfer