Sat. @ Tuba

From: Zeev_Gur@peoplesoft.com-DeleteThis
Date: Sun Sep 28 1997 - 08:19:06 PDT

From: Zeev_Gur@peoplesoft.com-DeleteThis
To: wind_talk@jr.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Cc: cliff_e._dycus@peoplesoft.com-DeleteThis, kami_dycus@peoplesoft.com-DeleteThis, glenn_wada@peoplesoft.com-DeleteThis
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 1997 08:19:06 -0700
Subject: Sat. @ Tuba

The weather dudes all said it was going
to be hot, so we decided to head to Pt.
Reyes for some cool air. When we
got there it looked pretty calm, but the waves
were going off - you could hear the waves
in the parking lot.

Since it was not blowing, we decided to hike
up to the waves. 45 minutes later we are
playing in the sand dunes and I am drooling
over the perfect sets that are coming in. After
1/2 an hour of playing and drooling all of us
were tired and we took a very sweet nap
behind a dune.

30 minutes later we were awakened by sand
flying in our face - Joahanna and the wind were
making for a fun sand shower. Joani could tell
by the "Gee hon, it's blowin" look in my eyes
that it was time to head back to the beach.

Back at the lot 45 min - felt like 10 hrs - later,
I was glad to see another person rigging.
Went with my big combo - 6.2/9'6"(200#). After
launching from the beach, I just missed the wind
line and sloged for 30 minutes trying to get to the
waves. Back on the beach to think about this - how
do I get up to the wind, which will help me get to the
waves? WALK! a short 10 minute walk found me
in clean perfect wind. Made it to the waves in 2
reaches. Wish I had 1 meter less of sail and
the Enduro............When will they invent truly
convertible boards?

Tuba is absolutely going off! This wind is wild,
I downhaul my way too big 6.2 until it can't go any
further - it is still a 6.2. The waves are perfect - big sets of 3 to 4
shoulder high waves - mother nature was really
putting out. The N. component of the wind made it
more off, the side-off, which really tested you on those
off the lips. On one of the best waves of the day,
when I hit the lip, a gust hit me and I flew for ever.
If I had more skill, I could have made it look really
cool......

Played in the waves for 2 hours until one wild gust
launched me over the handlebars. When I came up
the buckle of my harness was busted. This was a good
sign to head back. Planed all the way back to the beach.

What a perfect day - wind, waves, sun, no crowds, amazing
nature all around. Life is so sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!