day off

From: Bob Galvan (kasplash@crl.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Sun Sep 07 1997 - 03:52:13 PDT

Date: Sun, 7 Sep 1997 03:52:13 -0700 (PDT)
From: Bob Galvan <kasplash@crl.com-DeleteThis>
To: mcneil <windsurf@mail.metro.net-DeleteThis>
Cc: Wind Talkers <wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: day off

On Sat, 6 Sep 1997, mcneil wrote:

> How'd Tuba go today?

It was marginal, but I made it work. I launched about 4, 6.2 Alana on
the 8'8 ASD with the weed blade. One other sailor tried after he saw me
go, but his kit wasn't right. I planned 80%, it took me about 50 minutes
to get to the waves (usually 30 minutes when well powered). I was
rewarded with 3 really nice chest high waves - smooth, peaky, and peeling.
Wind was really light in the surf, and the surf was sparse but every time
I got one, I'd look back and see some sexy spiral sirens screaming at me
to come back out and nail another.

I was worried about doing a triathalon (sail swim walk), so I bailed, but
planed back pretty well with juuuust enough oomph. Did my worst Limantour
landing ever tho. Killed my speed just outside the shorebreak 'cuz it
looked nasty, went down in zero wind, 30 feet from shore. Couldn't
waterstart, couldn't touch bottom, did a very slow swim in some current,
then dragged it all through the wash and came up sandy.

kasplash@crl.com-DeleteThis