Re: Flying Tigers

From: Edward W. Scott (shred@netcom.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Tue Aug 26 1997 - 11:49:25 PDT

Subject: Re: Flying Tigers
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 97 11:49:25 -0700
From: "Edward W. Scott" <shred@netcom.com-DeleteThis>
To: "Wind Talk" <wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>

>>Bottom line: action speaks louder than words and a long term
>>committment to follow-up action is required to address these kinds of
>>threats and opportunities. Anyone out there who would like to dig deep
>>into access issues? I'd be happy to help you get involved!

I'd appreciate any input you might have, Randy. I've already contacted
the So.SF. Planning Dept. wrt the graded lot at the corner of Haskins and
Jamie Court in So. SF downwind of the current Tigers launch, and have
been told that there is no plan for that site currently on file yet.
This is the ideal launch for Tigers cause it is far enough out to not be
effected by the tide height, yet it does not have a wind shadow. This
site is next to the beach at which many sailors trim equipment, south of
the pier with the yellow crane. I was told that the lot is owned by the
Haskins Corp. which is currently using the site for storage of land fill
materials. I was also told that once the Planning Dept. has the plans
for improvement of the site, that they will forward them to BCDC for
their approval, and because the lot is adjacent to the bayfront, that a
bayfront trail and public access will be required.

I'm going to follow up with my contact at the SoSF Planning Dept. on a
bi-monthly basis, so if you have any other suggestions, please let me
know. I'd especially be interested in access issues vis-a-vis beach
grading and improvement, sufficient parking, rigging areas, launches,
perhaps a restroom or porta-john, and 24 hour access to such.

Also, I'd be interested, if you know, what the current law is on
easements across existing private property to navigable waterways. If
I'm not mistaken, they're required. Note that Jamie Court currently is
posted "No Parking" along it's entire length.

Feel free to e-mail me off-line of the list. If anyone else wants to
help, let me know.

Thanks.

-Ed