Re: Flying Tigers

From: Randy Anderson (randy52@ix.netcom.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Wed Sep 03 1997 - 17:49:42 PDT

Date: Wed, 3 Sep 1997 19:49:42 -0500 (CDT)
From: randy52@ix.netcom.com-DeleteThis (Randy Anderson)
Subject: Re: Flying Tigers
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis

Ed Scott wrote:

>(He has been looking into a site at) Jamie Court in So. SF downwind of
the current Tigers launch, and have
>been told that there is no plan for that site currently on file yet.
>This is the ideal launch for Tigers cause it is far enough out to not
be
>effected by the tide height, yet it does not have a wind shadow.
>
>Also, I'd be interested, if you know, what the current law is on
>easements across existing private property to navigable waterways. If

>I'm not mistaken, they're required. Note that Jamie Court currently
is
>posted "No Parking" along it's entire length.
>
>Feel free to e-mail me off-line of the list. If anyone else wants to
>help, let me know.
>
>Thanks.
>
>-Ed

Ed Scott and others:

I subscribe to the BCDC agenda, so I get notice of all applications,
and I screen them for items of interest. I'll keep a look-out for
anything on the site Ed mentioned, but we would get earlier notice from
Ed following up w/ S.SF. BCDC is where our best hope lies though.

Easements through private property to the shoreline are not
automatically required, in fact there was a recent Supreme Court
decision that weakened public agencies' ability to require them at all.

Thanks for working on this Ed. If you or anyone else needs advice on
something like this, or just wants to let me know you're looking into
something, or just wants to help out in general, you can E-mail me or
post it on Windtalk, but I sometimes don't get a chance to read this
for a week or more at a time. Alternatively, you can call me at work
at (415) 691-1200 for a faster response.

Randy Anderson, SFBA Rep.