Re: Harness lines (again)

From: Ken Poulton (poulton@zonker.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Sat Aug 16 1997 - 02:16:49 PDT

Date: Sat, 16 Aug 1997 02:16:49 -0700 (PDT)
From: Ken Poulton <poulton@zonker.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: Harness lines (again)

I finally checked, and my long-lasting harness lines are Windsurfing
Hawaii. I use the adjustables (short to sail, long to slog). After 2-4
years the boom loops wear from lying on the ground; no other problems.
The rope parts are tied in at both ends, so they're easy to replace
if you don't use a Reactor.

"Structural engineering is the art of molding materials that we do not
wholly understand into shapes we cannot precisely analyze so as to
withstand forces we cannot really assess in such a way that the
community at large has no reason to suspect the extent of our
ignorance". -- Parker E Schaeffer