Sturday, Sunday, Sunday!

From: Kirk Lindstrom (kirk@hpmsd3.sj.hp.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Mon Jun 02 1997 - 07:34:54 PDT

Sender: kirk@hpmsd3.sj.hp.com-DeleteThis
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 1997 07:34:54 -0700
From: Kirk Lindstrom <kirk@hpmsd3.sj.hp.com-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Sturday, Sunday, Sunday!

> ============= Sat 1 Jun 97 - Coyote Pt - (230#-but smoke free!)
It was warm so I took my time getting there. Considered rigging 6.9,
but it came up some so I rigged 6.2/9'6" and it was perfect! Sailed
nearly 2 hrs until it started to die even outside and did my best to get
in, but had to slog and swim some the last bit until I got a puff to get
up and come in on.

> ============= Sun 2 Jun 97 - Coyote Pt - (230#-but smoke free!)
WOW! IT was blowing all morning. Got there at 1PM and rigged
5.6/Xantos285. OK for about 1 minutes, the too much board and sail.
Decided to drop 2 boards sizes to 8'8"RKT and a converted, slotted wave
fin I wanted to try. WOW!!! Was this ever the perfect combination. On
the verge of getting trashed in the big gusts, but just way powered to
fine the rest of the time. Good Coyote washing machine action turning
to much better swells further outside. Lots of playing in the swells
and air time until....dump, dum., dump, dum...."THE FIBERSNAPPED!" as
it happens I was the furthest outside too. Oh oh....Luckily I felt it
go on a landing so I jumped in, waterjibed and arm sailed back in out of
the footstraps trying to not put any extra pressure on the boom, not get
air or even a hop...tough when that powered. I made it to where the
water got flat and then jumped in the straps and sped in. On shore, I
gave the boom a push and it broke!

Rigged 5.1 wave sail, but it seemed to be lighter and it really didn't
work and so I pointed my sinking rock, aka RKT, towards the swimming
area and came in and walked the walk...

Kirk out
ASD epoxy: 8'8" & 8'11" RKT & 9'6" no-nose CS: F2 Xantos285
Wt 230#, Ht. 6'0", Usually sail on SF Bay, Cailf.
kirk_lindstrom@sj.hp.com-DeleteThis

    "There is more to life than increasing its speed." - Gandhi
| Kirk Lindstrom - CSSD Product R&D | Hewlett-Packard Co. M/S: 90UA |
| Engineer/Scientist, Hardware | Communication Semiconductor |
| kirk_lindstrom@sj.hp.com-DeleteThis | |
| Kirk Lindstrom / HP0100/UX | 370 W. Trimble Rd. |
| ph 408 435 6404 | fax 408 435 6286 | San Jose, CA 95131-1096 |